Followers

Wednesday 3 January 2024

Finally stamping and papercrafting after four month break . . .

 I am finally able to create once again after I fell down the stairs and tore leg ligaments, then we had several other family emergencies.  It felt so good to sit and play with my stamps, inks, dies and paint.  Here's a winter birthday card . . .





I wish to enter these challenges . . .

Allsorts Challenge #760/1 Cold as Ice (1/3)

Cut It Up Challenge #294 Anything Goes (1/3)

Die Cut Diva's Challenge Never Before Used Stuff I used Crafters Companion snowflake dies that are discontinued but I have owned for years, first time I've used them (1/4)

Inspiration Station Challenge #57 below: inspired by sky, blues and treeline (1/8) 


The Four Seasons Challenge  Winter (1/3) I was inspired by the snow



I used a large oval die to die cut an aperture in a piece of paper and then inked a night sky with Distress inks and Clarity stencil brushes.  I used Clarity Crafts stamps with Versafine inks to stamp the bare trees.  NBUS Crafters Companion snowflake dies, Creative Expressions sentiment die.  I added  white paint for snowfall, faux glitter snow to add texture at the front of the scene and finally my Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops.


I hope you are having a lovely holiday season, hope to be back soon x


14 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, so glad to hear you are able to be up and about and "crafting" again. This card is simply gorgeous with so many wonderful and interesting details. We are so glad you shared it with us this month at Inspiration Station Blog this month. Also may you continue to recover as you continue with "Craft" therapy. Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let us know what the NBUS item was that you used for your card. I'm afraid I don't know what 1/4 means. I am glad you're feeling better. I love the colors on your background and the "snow" is great. So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas "NBUS" challenge for January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely wintry scene and birthday card, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright and colorful winter birthday creation. I really love the look and texture of the "snow". Glad you are back to crafting. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours used make for a very atmospheric scene Karen, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to read of your fall. I am pleased you are able to craft again. This is a wonderful wintery birthday card and perfect for our optional theme at Allsorts, thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this January!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful vibrant blues, Karen! The color just pops on your lovely card. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CUT IT UP challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, Karen, this is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those blue snowflakes! Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Anything Goes" challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Just gorgeous! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas "NBUS" challenge for January with your Crafters Companion snowflake dies. I know how it is, not enough time to use all your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back to Crafting and glad to hear you're healed from that nasty fall. Your card is lovely, the wintery blues really give the viewer the feeling of Cold! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We're always inspired by everyone's creativity!
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Christmas 12 . . .

I have a Christmas to share today and here it is . . . I wish to enter these challenges . . . Allsorts Challenge  #779 More than one fold: I...