Followers

Thursday 2 May 2024

Birthday 47 . . .

 I have been playing with supplies to create mixed media backgrounds and here is one of them . . .

 



I wish to enter these challenges . . .
Allsorts Challenge #778 Use a Stencil (2/3)
Die Cut Diva's Challenge Monochromatic (1/4)

Fab n Funky Challenge #594 Embossing Wet or Dry  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #646 Anything Goes (3/5)


I started out with A5 watercolour card which I covered with watercolour paints.  Once dry I darkened the edges with more watercolour paint and then Distress inks.  Then I sprayed the card with water and left to dry overnight.

I used Tim Holtz Ledger Script to repeat stamp with Versamark ink and added Copper embossing powder and heated it.  I grabbed Clarity Crafts KISS Stencil's 1, repeated arches design, then applied Tonic Studios Nuvo Glimmer Paste and left to dry. 

I adhered a Hunkydory Gold Foiled sentiment onto white card and die cut a Spellbinders Nestability label.  I stamped the John Next Door Pansy stamp onto white card then die cut the pansies with the matching die.  I used two Crafter's Companion dies to die cut foliage from different shades of green.

I adhered the foiled sentiment in place the positioned the ivy die cuts.  I shaped the pansies and adhered them together.  I placed them in position and added the other die cut leaves in place.  I finally added my favourite finishing touch of Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops. 

I enjoyed creating this card so much and unusually for me actually like it.  I can't wait to play more with my John Next Door flower stamps and dies.  Back soon x




7 comments:

  1. Fabulous textures and colours and love the pansies! I have similar from Heartfelt Creations, thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of texture on this card! The sentiment is fabulous! Thanks for sharing over at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous texture on this card and a lovely design too. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, wonderful texture and colours, the pansies are lovely. Thanks for sharing at Fab'n' Funky
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very lovely. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for May's Monochromatic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the pansies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete