Followers

Thursday 16 May 2024

General 24 . . .

 I have another card to share with you and here it is . . .




I wish to enter these challenges . . . 
Allsorts Challenge #780 Spots &/ Stripes (2/3)
Colorful Options Challenge There is a moodboard but I decided to go with a ROYGBIV spots colour palette (-)

Fab n Funky Challenge #595 For a child, baby or teen: I think this card could work for a young girl  
Try It On Tuesday Challenge Small Things: Butterflies & Pearls  (-) 


I couldn't find any striped patterned paper in my stash so I decided to create my own.  I used a Clarity stencil and Distress inks to create a ROYGBIV panel.  I sprayed the stencil watercolour card with water to soften the colours.  


Once thoroughly dry I stamped and heat embossed the body and antlers with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and detail clear embossing powder.   I then stamped and heat embossed the wings with Versamark embossing ink and clear detail embossing powder.  I trimmed the panel to size and edged with black ink before adhering to a 148mm square Kraft card.


I used John Next Door Mallow die and Sizzix Textured card to die cut multiple red flowers and layered them.  I added Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops in gold onto the flowers and adhered onto my card. I added more Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops to embellish.   I have not added a sentiment so this card can be used for different occasions.   Back soon x


 

7 comments:

  1. Great way to incorporate the stripes Karen, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! I love the dark body with the transparent wings! Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Can't wait to see what you create next! Have a great weekend. 🎨🌈 Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous rainbow background you created and the clear embossed butterfly looks fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing this project at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful rainbow design. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful technique to create this card. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful butterfly, fabulous colours.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Fab’n’Funky challenges
    Buffy (DT) x

    ReplyDelete