Followers

Saturday 17 August 2024

Birthday 73 . . .

I have a mainly Penny Black male themed birthday card to share and here it is . . .




I wish to enter these challenges . . . 

Allsorts Challenge #793/794 Summer Days or Anything Goes: who can resist a day at the seaside lol! (1/3)  

Creative Fingers Challenge #283 Always Anything Goes (1/3)

Penny Black Saturday Challenge PBSC Anything Goes optional Flowers (-) 

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  Sparkle & Shine (1/5)  

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  Add A Sentiment (1/5)  

The Four Seasons Challenge Anything Goes Summer (2/3)

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #661/662 Anything Goes (1/10) 


I wanted to use my Penny Black Seaside stamp again but to tweak it a bit.  So I have stamped the Seaside image then masked and stamped over the sand with Clarity Crafts Seasidle Mixed Impressions stamp and Distress Oxide.  I think it now has the look of sand.


I cut a piece of watercolour card to 148mm square.  I stamped the Penny Black image using Twilight and Pinecone Versafine Clair ink pads.  Once dry I watercoloured the scene and left to dry.


Once completely dry I masked off the ocean and sky with a piece of scrap paper.   I inked one of the By The Seaside Nature Mixed Impressions stamps with Fossilised Amber Distress Oxide ink and stamped that over the watercoloured sand. 


I trimmed my stamped panel to 142mm square and adhered to a black square card.  I stamped the Penny Black sentiment onto a snippet of white card using Versafine Clair Nocturne and trimmed.  I added the sentiment with foam pads.  I added a line of White Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops and added glitter to create the white frothy surf.  I added further shimmer with gold Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops.   Back soon x 

6 comments:

  1. This has turned out brilliantly. I love that sun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out just lovely!
    Great card for the Summer Days theme at Allsorts!
    Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great scene you stamped and created, perfect for a summer birthday! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts and Four Seasons challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks exactly like a shore scen - fabulous job. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely scenic card!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete