Followers

Tuesday 20 August 2024

Birthday 74 . . .

 I have a Penny Black birthday card to share and here it is . . .

  



I wish to enter these challenges . . . 
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Anything Goes with optional Moodboard #20 (1/6)

Penny Black Saturday Challenge PBSC Anything Goes optional Flowers (-) 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  Add A Sentiment (3/5)  
Sparkles Monthly Challenge Use one or more Butterflies (1/3)
Stamping Sensations Challenge In The Garden  (1/3) 
The Four Seasons Challenge Anything Goes Summer (3/3)


Triple B Challenge August (1/3)

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #661/662 Anything Goes (3/10)


I cut watercolour card to A5.  I coloured the Penny Black Dancing Daisies stamp with three/four Karin Brush Markers Pro colours then blended the inked stamp with water before stamping in position.  I did this multiple times onto the card.  Once I was happy with the stamped images I left the card to dry overnight.


The next day I carefully added a pale green watercolour wash around the stamped daisies and left to dry.  I die cut the Tim Holtz Brushstroke Butterflies Thinlets die from white card.   I coloured the butterflies bodies in deep red, the antenna and body in black then the added extras in a lighter shade of red and left to dry.  I added Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Drops to the layers that were to be glued onto the butterfly bodies and left to dry.  I stamped the Penny Black sentiment stamp onto a snippet of white card using Versafine Clair Charming Pink ink.  


I trimmed the stamped watercolour card and adhered to an A5 card.  I added the sentiment with foam pads.  I curled the bodies of the butterflies then adhered them to my card using Pinflair Glue Gel.  Back soon x 8

8 comments:

  1. Stunning, love that soft daisy background xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, this is just gorgeous! (Did you know this beauty would also fit our Triple B challenge? link below). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, great stamping and the colours are stunning.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is a gorgeous design! Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenges
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely - especially the 3d butterflies. Thanks for posting at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - love the dimension in your butterflies.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Challenge Blog.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete