Followers

Monday 22 January 2024

Birthday #9 Cute Birds . . .

 I am back today with new craft tools, I received crafting Christmas presents lol!  Here is my card . . .

 


I wish to enter these challenges . . .  

Allsorts Challenge #764 January Blues (1/3)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Anything Floral Goes with optional moodboard #13 (1/6)


Beautiful Blossoms Challenge  Happy 1st Birthday  (-)


Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge  January Anything Goes, I haven't gone with the twist (2/3)


Die Cut Diva's Challenge  NBUS (3/4) I used the following NBUS items: Clarity stencil, Lisa Horton Crafts die, embossing folder and stencils set 

Moving Along with the Times Challenge #162 A New Craft Item the Clarity stencil (base layer background) and the Lisa Hortom die, embossing folder & stencil set are new (4/5)

Stencil Fun Challenge January I chose the optional theme of Birds (1/3)

Triple B Challenge January moodboard or Anything Goes (2/3)



It was my first time using one of these sets.  I started by die cutting the shape from watercolour card.  I used each of the separate stencils to add the different colours of Distress inks to the birds, flowers, leaves and vines.  Once coloured I used watercolour paints to colour the white background a deep blue.  Once it had dried I put in the embossing folder and ran it through my die cutter.  Using a Clarity stencil I create a background of blue flowers using only Distress inks.  I used a Penny Black stamp to stamp a greeting onto a scrap of card and added my usual final touch of Nuvo Drops.  Back soon x

11 comments:

  1. Lucky you to get such lovely crafty gifts! You've made a lovely card with your new embossing folder, Karen - thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    what a very wonderful card and such a brilliant design also.
    Love the love birds and your background.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so much fun using new things, yes, crafty things. Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card, perfect for our challenge at Allsorts, thank you for joining us there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a lovely card indeed! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this January.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B, Can You Handle The Pressure, Stencil Fun, Colorful Options and Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane TB, CYHTP, SF Co-Owner and BB, CO DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with lovely colors! Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Happy Birthday Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card,beautiully coloured and great texture just perfect for our challenge at Colorful Options.Thank you so much for playing along.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card. Looks like you received a nice crafty stash for Christmas. Good job using so many previous unused crafty supplies. I really like the ethereal feel to your background. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful - love the background you created.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dreamy Love birds, the look is so ethereal, love it!
    Thanks a bunch for celebrating our first birthday with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    xoxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete

Birthday 43 . . .

  I have another nature themed card to share . . . 0 I wish to enter these challenges . . .  Beautiful Blossoms Challenge  Anything Floral G...