Followers

Sunday 19 May 2024

We Love Stamping Challenge May Mid Month . . .

We are at the middle of the month at We Love Stamping Challenge and the May theme of Vintage or Anything Goes.  Please do check out the blog for the rules, wonderful prizes and details.  Here is my card . . .

 

 
 

I also wish to enter these challenges . . .

Allsorts Challenge #781 Anything Goes for their 15th Birthday Celebration (1/3)

Creative Fingers Challenge Always Anything Goes (1/3)

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #648 Anything Goes (3/5)   


This time I decided to use vintage in age and style stamps, lol!  I had been stamping for a couple of years with wood mounted stamps before I purchased this set.  I think I have had these unmounted Non Sequitur ssta&mpsmps for about twenty years, they are the first set of unmounted stamps I purchased.   I love that I can still use them and because they were made with vulcanised rubber they still stamp just as well as they did when I first purchased them.  


I  used A5 cream card as my base and randomly stamped the images all over using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.  I stamped the vintage lady onto a snippet of watercolour card using the same ink.  I watercoloured all the stamped images and left to dry.  I trimmed my A5 stamped panel and then used my Tim Holtz Distressing Tool on all four sides.  I did the same to my stamped watercolour card lady.


I used my Clarity Crafts stencil brushes with Vintage Photo Distress ink to lightly colour any areas of cream or white card.  I added more ink to the distressed edges then sprayed with water to soften.   I coloured another snippet of plain cream card with Vintage Photo Distress ink, a shade or two darker to create a mat layer under the stamped lady.  


I die cut flowers in red using a John Next Door die and layered them up. I twice die cut the Creative Expressions sentiment from white card and a snippet of red card and adhered them together and onto the base layer.  I added my Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops finishing touches.  Back soon x

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful stylish card, lovely vintage images and love the colour combox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stamp! You've framed it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a very elegant image in her red dress Karen. Many thanks for sharing and joining in with our Allsorts Birthday challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - this is a stunner.
    With my GD hat on, I would like to say thanks for joining in the Birthday Celebrations at Allsorts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometime the older is the best! Absolutely fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had fun making this one. It looks great and perfectly vintage. Love the red . What an elegant lady too. Don't we all wish we looked like that? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous creation Karen. I love everything about this awesome project.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. An elegant image and bold color. A stunning card! Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful feminine creation! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge for our 15th birthday celebration!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete