Followers

Wednesday 12 June 2024

Birthday 59 . . .

 I have another female Penny Black birthday card to share and here it is . . .

 


I wish to enter these challenges . . . 

Allsorts Challenge #784 Flowers Galore  or Anything Goes (2/3) 

Penny Black Saturday Challenge PBSC Anything Goes optional Birthday 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  Bright & Cheerful (1/5)  

Time Out Challenge #265 IBW There are always flowers for those who want to see them.  I was inspired to use a flower stamp (3/5, four other challenges)

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #651/652 Anything Goes (6/10)   

 

This time I repeat stamped the Penny Black fuchsia stamp all over a piece of A5 watercolour card using a Versafine Clair green ink pad.  

I coloured the background with a pale watercolour wash and left to dry.   I painted a first layer of watercolour and once dry I painted darker areas of shadow.  The sentiment was stamped onto a snippet of watercolour card and I die cut the butterflies from watercolour snippets then watercoloured them.  

I trimmed the stamped panel then added Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops to the flowers.  Back soon x



8 comments:

  1. I have never seen a fuchsia stamp! This is so pretty, and you did a great job with the water coloring! Thank you for using the theme Flowers Galore, and joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for our Allsorts theme Karen, it's a beautiful image as well, I have the sentiment but not that Fuchsia, an omission on my part!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty design using the beautiful Fuchsia blooms for the background. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly flowers galore on this pretty card Karen.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a good idea to repeat stamp your fuschia, it looks amazing and you have coloured it brilliantly. Those little butterflies finish it off brilliantly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card Karen! I love the way you've made a background from this lovely stamp. Love the addition of little butterflies! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very lovely, the fuschia all over it is just perfect, love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty Karen. Love the pink colors!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge! 💕 Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete