Followers

Sunday 30 June 2024

Birthday 66 . . .

 I am back today with a male themed birthday card and here it is . . . 




I wish to enter these challenges . . .

Allsorts Challenge #787 Make it Grow or Anything Goes (1/3) 

Creative Fingers Challenge #281 Always Anything Goes (1/3)

Die Cut Diva's Challenge Your Favourite Die Cut Shapes: another nesting die creation and these stamps with matching dies create awesome male birthday cards  (3/4) 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  Anything Goes (3/5)  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #653/654 Anything Goes (7/10)   



I started by die cutting two large circles (15cm).  Onto one of them I stencilled using a Clarity Crafts stencil and stencil brushes with ink that was in the brush the last time I used it.  

I die cut Tonic Studio Plantastic images from smooth white card, hanging onto the scrap.  I positioned the die cuts into the scrap then stamped the plants with the matching pots, the foliage and extra plant pots with Memento Tuxedo ink pad.  I coloured the stamped and die cuts with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. 

I cut lengths of card which I coloured to create the fake wooden shelves onto which I positioned the plants, adhering some with glue and others with foam pads.

Onto the other circle I adhered patterned paper from my stash.  I created an easel card mechanism and hid as much of that as possible.  I added a Happy Birthday die cut (left over from a kit) with foam pads to work as an anchor.  I glued the front onto the easel and added a few Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops to finish.   Back soon x


6 comments:

  1. WOW Karen!
    You nailed the Way to Grow theme over at Allsorts with this masculine Birthday Card!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing house plant collection. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful easel card, so much detail. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Way To Grow option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty with so much dimension Karen, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and following the Way to Grow option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plantastic card:-) Brilliant male card

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Wow Karen this is amazing. Really popped out at me in the gallery at Allsorts. Thanks so much for joining in.

    ReplyDelete