Followers

Wednesday 3 July 2024

Birthday 67 . . .

 I am back with another birthday card, this one for a man using one of my favourite House Mouse stamps.  It's a favourite because we have had cats that have done this in the past and here it is . . . 

 





I wish to enter these challenges . . .

Allsorts Challenge #787 Make it Grow: we have planted cat nip in the past lol!  Or Anything Goes (2/3) 

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC418 Anything Goes optional create your own background

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  Anything Goes (5/5)  

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #653/654 Anything Goes (9/10)   


I created a 148mm square gate fold card.  I die cut a Rectangle from watercolour card.  I die cut a Sentimentally Yours Double Debossed Inverted Corner rectangle from Sizzix Textured Card and I cut two John Next Door leaf die from the same card in pale green.

I stamped the House Mouse image with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.  I watercoloured the image and left to dry.  I added more watercolour paint where I wanted shadows.  I also added multiple layers of watercolour paint to create a proper ginger tom cat who looks fluffy.  We have had this colour of cat before and it is my favourite cat fur colour. 


Once the stamped panel was dry I adhered it onto the double debossed rectangle.  I stamped the sentiment onto a snippet of white card and added to the rectangle.  I used DCWV patterned paper to cover both card fronts.  I added the die cut leaves to the right hand side of the gatefold card and the stamped panel onto the left hand side.  


I opened up the card and added Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops in green to the stamped panel and in yellow to the die cuts panel (to look like buds).  Back soon x 

7 comments:

  1. The image is great fun Karen, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image, little mouse is going to be feeling no pain!! Great bright fun colors too. Thanks for
    sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun, I have catnip growing in my garden and surprised my cats don't eat it all day long :) They do enjoy a leaf or two when I give it to them :)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun card and beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. I love the colors and it always cracks me up that the House Mouse has a leaf of Catnip in his mouth. Thank you for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen cute and such a lovely card

    Thank you for playing with us at the
    House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete