Followers

Friday 19 July 2024

General 38 . . .

 I have been experimenting with lots of different tools and medium and this is one of the end results . . .

  


I wish to enter these challenges . . .
Colorful Options Challenge Colours Inspired by Flags: I was inspired by the Lithuanian flag of red, green & yellow (-)

Creative Fingers Challenge #282 Always Anything Goes (2/3)
Die Cut Diva's Challenge Add Glitter (1/4)
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  Lots of Layers (4/5) 

Try It On Tuesday Challenge Things With Wings

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #657/658 Anything Goes (3/10)    


I started by attaching the first Crafters Companion stencil onto A5 watercolour card.  Using Clarity stencil brushes I inked with three different Distress inks.  I used Saltwater Taffy Distress ink for the first, Bundled Sage Distress ink for the second and finally Fossilised Amber Distress ink for the third.  Once I had covered the card with stencilling I used the ink left on the Clarity stencil brushes to add a very soft background.


I die cut watercolour card and glitter card using Sentimentally Yours Stately Double Debossed Elegant Labels dies.  I also die cut Sizzix Tim Holtz Brushstroke Butterflies Thinlets die from green, red and brown pearlescent card.  I used Tonic Studios and Crafters Companion small butterfly dies with little snippets.  I glued the brushstoke butterfly layers together.  Once dry I painted Tonic Studios Nuvo Glitter Paste onto the red pearlescent card on the Brushstroke Butterflies and left to dry. 


I attached Tim Holtz Flourish stencil to the die cut watercolour card label and added Twisted Citron Distress ink using Clarity stencil brushes.  I attached that to the die cut glitter card.  I stamped the Clarity sentiment stamp onto a snippet of white card using Versafine Clair  Glamorous ink.   I coloured the snippet very lightly using Saltwater Taffy Distress ink the coloured the sentiment. 


I positioned the die  cut labels and glued in place.  I glued the stamped sentiment and the butterflies onto the stencilled label.  Once the glue was dry I added the mini Butterflies and Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops.   Back soon x

7 comments:

  1. So many butterflies and such a lot of gorgeous detail. I love it. Thanks for explaining your process too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful!! Thanks for playing along out July challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOts of lovely butterflies and great techniques used

    Thanks for joining in at Try It OnTuesday Challenge

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous card with us at Colorful Options.I love the texture and dimension on this beauty. Thank you so much for playing along.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. I love the glittery butterflies. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the July challenge of adding glitter. Arlene with Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Amazing card. So many things to admire. Love all the pretty butterflies and all the shine and sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - such gorgeous butterflies!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete