Followers

Thursday 18 July 2024

We Love Stamping July Challenge . . .

 


I am back today with a reminder for the July theme of Sun, Sea and Sand at We Love Stamping Challenge.   Here is my card . . .




I wish to enter these challenges . . . 
Inspiration Station Challenge the photo reminds me of visiting the beach for lovely holidays and days out to the beach (2/8)

Penny Black Saturday Challenge PBSC Anything Goes optional Food (-) 

Sparkles Monthly Challenges #178 One for the Boys  (1/3)

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #657/658 Anything Goes (2/10)    


I just had to use this Penny Black stamp again.  It is just so very gorgeous lol!  This time I used darker shades of ink to get a different look, a different sentiment and a 148mm square card to create a slightly different but same look.


I cut a piece of watercolour card to 148mm square.  I inked the fence, sand dunes and top of the reeds with Pinecone Versafine Clair ink and stamped.   I cleaned the stamp.  I inked the grasses and bottom of the reed stems with Rain Forest Versafine Clair and stamped.  I cleaned the stamped.  Finally I inked up the ocean with Twilight Versafine Clair  ink and stamped.


Using a Circle template I drew a sun with a yellow watercolour pencil.  I watercoloured the scene then dried it.   I added extra layers of watercolour where needed.  


I stamped the Hobby Art sentiment onto a snippet of card and edged with Pinecone Versafine Clair.   I dry embossed Sizzix Textured card with a Creative Expressions 3D embossing folder.   I trimmed the watercolour panel and embossed card.  I figured out my layout then adhered to a 148mm square card.  I added Tonic Nuvo Drops to the breaking surf and to embellish.  Back soon x

11 comments:

  1. It's a very peaceful beach scene, the pathway leading to the sea could easily be Cadiz, there's a part just like that.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a gorgeous beach scene, so peaceful and relaxing. I can almost hear the seagulls and waves. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your creative designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scene Karen it looks so inviting
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous scene. It reminds me of our many holidays in Florida. Your sea looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful and different scene with this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and image, love the embossed background. That quote is so true too, nature and the world are magical and full of beauty and wonderx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous seaside scene, I would love being there! Love so much the effect of the sea, it seems shine! That Van Gogh quote is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome Karen. I looks so relaxing to go for a walk there. I am so sorry I thought I had commented on this lovely creation, I have been so busy with The S A I must have forgot.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for sharing a great scene card with us at The sparkle challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very stunning scene! Love the watercolor look! Thanks for sharing this with the Sparkles Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely beach scene!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete