Followers

Saturday 24 August 2024

General 41 . . .

 I have a female themed card to share today and here it is . . .


 

I wish to enter these challenges . . . 

Allsorts Challenge #795 Delightful Animals (1/3) 

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Anything Goes with optional Moodboard #20 (3/6)


Penny Black Saturday Challenge PBSC Anything Goes optional Flowers (-) 
Try It On Tuesdays Challenge Make It Feminine 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #661/662 Anything Goes (7/10)


I recently relocated a pouch of old Penny Black stamps that were originally wood mounted.  I have owned these stamps for such a long time that the glue on their mount died and I never bothered to remount them.  Subsequently I am struggling to remember their Penny Black names.

I cut a piece of A4 watercolour card to be roughly 11cm by 21cm.  I stamped the Penny Black Songbird stamp inking up the bird and branch with Versafine Clair Pinecone and the leaves with Versafine Clair Green Oasis ink pads.  Next I inked the Penny Black Iris with Karin Brush Markers Pro and stamped.  I repeated inking up the Iris stamp and repeat stamped, sometimes second generation stamping, until I was happy with the coverage on the watercolour card.  I left that to dry completely overnight. 

I created a pale green watercolour wash and carefully painted the background so no white was visible.  I added further watercolour to the Songbird and the branch leaves and left to dry.  I coloured a snippet of white card with the green watercolour wash and dried.  I stamped the Penny Black sentiment and trimmed.  

I dry embossed Sizzix Textured card using an A4 Crafters Companion embossing folder.  I die cut John Next Door Snowflowers and coloured with Tonic Studios Shimmer Spray.  Once dry I layered them together.  I covered a DL card with embossed card,  trimmed the rough edges off my stamped panel and adhered to my card.  I added foam pads to the stamped sentiment and added to the DL card. Then I positioned the die cut flowers where I wanted them and finished with Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops.   Back soon x


8 comments:

  1. A beautiful card! The irises are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing creation Karen love the water colour effect and those little birds a delightful card thank you for joining our challenge at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful blossoms and birds, perfect for our theme at Allsorts this week. Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irises are one of my favourite flowers. Your are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty design! I love the iris flowers, the contrasting purple and yellow colours is gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and creative design, such pretty water colors!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Beautiful Blossoms}
    NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT!

    ReplyDelete