Followers

Monday 23 September 2024

Birthday 84 . . .

 I have some new Penny Black stamps that I have been playing with and here is the first one . . .


 

I wish to enter these challenges . . .
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #600 Birthday or Anniversary 

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Anything Goes optional Not Square
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Make Your Own Background (4/5) 
Stamping Sensations Challenge Anything Goes with the option of Animal Magic (3/3)  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #665/666 Anything Goes (8/10)


I cut a piece of Clarity Crafts designer paper smaller than my A5 card and adhered.   I dry embossed Sizzix Textured card with a Creative Expressions 3D embossing folder.   I die cut John Next Door Flowers and leaves from Sizzix Textured card.   I die cut Crafter's Companion butterfly dies from matching papers.

I stamped Penny Black Melody Makers stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black onto smooth white card, I also used a PennyBlackclear stamp set to stamp the greeting onto a snippet of white card.   I coloured the  image with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils. Blending as I went along and adding more colour when necessary. 

Once I was happy with the stamped image I used a My Favourite Things cloud stencil, Clarity Crafts stencil brushes and Salvaged Patina Distress ink to add clouds around and behind the image.  

I adhered the stamped image and the sentiment onto the dry embossed card and trimmed.  I layered the flowers.  I figured out the layout then added the image and sentiment using foam pads.  I adhered the flowers and foliage on place too.  I finished with Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops and added Tonic Studios Glitter Drops to the flower centres.  Back soon x 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely bright and happy card Karen, I could be persuaded to bypass Winter and jump into Spring, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful birthday card Karen, such a lovely stamp, fab colouring and design, great dimension from the raised butterflies. I love those die cut flowers too, the perfect finishing touch.
    Thank you for joining us for our 600th Challenge at Fab'n' Funky.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card, great image. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you. those stamps are gorgeous. What a lovely little scene and wonderful sky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with our September Animal Challenge at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity!

    ReplyDelete