Followers

Sunday 22 September 2024

Christmas 27 . . .

 It is time for me to ramp up my Christmas card making and here is my card . . .


  

I wish to enter these challenges . . .
ABC Christmas Challenge T for Traditional Colours 
Creative Fingers Challenge #285 Always Anything Goes (1/3) 
House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge HMFMC 423 Anything Goes optional Use Scraps of Paper: I weaved left over snippets of designer paper to cover a 148mm card, I also used snippets of smooth white card to stamp onto and snippets were die cut to embellish
Inspiration Station Challenge September I was inspired by the changing colours of the landscape and barn (2/8)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Make Your Own Background (3/5) 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #665/666 Anything Goes (7/10)


I trimmed my snippets to 1cm in width and then attached a piece of double sided tape onto thin paper at the top.  I left a gap top right before attaching the paper strips along adhesive in a repeating pattern.

Next I attached a strip of adhesive on the left hand side and attached the paper strips in a repeating pattern.  I then wove each strip in and out and adding double side tape along the right hand side and at the bottom.  I trimmed all the excess paper pieces.

I stamped the images using Memento Tuxedo Black onto snippets of smooth white card and coloured them with Faber Castell Polychromos.  I die cut flowers and foliage from snippets Sizzix Textured card using John Next Door dies.   I figured out the layout and embellished with Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops.   Back soon x


10 comments:

  1. Love the effect of the woven background. What a great card and how wonderful to use all those snippets xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the paper woven background. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun mix of images and papers! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Karen :-) the images are adorable and I love the woven papers and details, just gorgeous! :-)

    Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been busy! All of the cards are so cute, lucky recipients! Thanks for sharing
    them with us at the HMfMC.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing cards! The little house mice, sure know how to celebrate! Thanks for sharing them with us
    at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very detailed with lots to look at! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, I am back again with a different hat on ;-)
    Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute and wonderful card Karen
    Thank you for playing with us at the
    House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you rocked the scraps challenge for sure. The little meecies look ready for a nice quiet evening don't they? Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. 💕Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete