Followers

Friday 20 September 2024

Christmas 25 . . .

 I have a Christmas tag to share with you today and here it is . . .

 




I wish to enter these challenges . . .
ABC Christmas Challenge S for Stencils
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Make Your Own Background (1/5)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #665/666 Anything Goes (5/10) 


My background was a failed experiment but rather than bin it I decided to recycle it.  It was originally a watercolour background.  I die cut the tag using a Tonic Studios tag die.

I used a Tonic Studios Nuvo Shimmer Spray which I watered down and sprayed the tag to cover the failed watercolour BG then dried.  I used Distress Oxide to darken random areas.  I dried the ink then used Tonic Studios Nuvo Glimmer Paste through a Tim Holtz stencil.  I put to one side to dry.

I die cut Crafters Companion snowflake die cuts in matt silver card.  I die cut John Next Door Snowflower and a foliage die, and a Creative Expressions sentiment.  I die cut watercolour card using a Clarity square die.  

I stamped the AALL & Create Robin image using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink onto the die cut watercolour card and onto a snippet of watercolour card.  I used a My Favourite Things Cloud stencil and Distress ink to create the clouds.  Then I watercoloured the stamped images and left to dry.  

I fussy cut the snippet robin and shaped him.  I added him to the stamped robin square using Pinflair Glue Gel.  I glued the die cuts directly onto the tag.  I added the stamped panel with foam pads then finished with Tonic Studios Nuvo Drops.  Back soon x 




5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, Karen. The bird looks so life-like on your sweet tag. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art and creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate you SO much, and hope that you're having a blessed week. (James 4:8) "Draw close to God, and He will draw close to you". Please stop by again soon, my friend. I always enjoy and appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you managed to repurpose that background. You would never know. The finished tag looks great. Love that robin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty tag!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,
    oh this is such a fun tag and beautifully created too.
    Love your super design and all the elements used.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag is so pretty! I love all the different layers you were able to achieve on such a small space! Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge! :)
    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete